Jun 23, 2008

What do you do...

A lot of people hate Eminem...I mean they don't even know this guy and yet they hate him...And behold his success...

If an artist, any artist, is able to bring forth real emotion, then he's been successful...

And Eminem is able to do that...A lot of people don't understand rap at all...It's not music, they say, it's just someone talking...I was one of those people...

And then I tried Googling the lyrics of "Sing For The Moment"...That's some really powerful words there...especially the last verse...

I'm not an Eminem fan, I can't understand most of his songs...but there are a few of his songs that really connect...

"Sing For The Moment" is one... The other one is "When I'm Gone"....

The first few lines of "When I'm Gone" go like this...

"Have you ever loved someone so much, you'd give an arm for?
Not the expression, no, literally give an arm for?
When they know they're your heart
And you know you were their armour
And you will destroy anyone who would try to harm 'her
But what happens when karma, turns right around and bites you?
And everything you stand for, turns on you, despite you?
What happens when you become the main source of her pain?..."

And really, what do you do...

I wonder...

No comments: