Jun 7, 2008

Biking...sigh...

Late into my second year in college i discovered this Great Escape From The Pressures Of Life And Living, also known as biking. Now let me assert this point here.
My mean machine.
My winged carrier. Okay u might be thinking, Harley ??. Hardly....
Okay, maybe an Avenger or atleast an Enfield ?? Nah-uh....Way off target...
My trusty steed has got two wheels and an engine that in it's heyday used to burn 109 km of tarmac for every litre of fractionally distilled Black Gold.
Ok, it used to give 109 kmpl.
Now i'll be darned if it gave 60.
Didn't I tell you her name? Folks, let me inroduce you to my PURPLE, Star City. Ok, it's best feature is the alloys. That's it. It's just a bike.
Oh so what was I talking about before I went off on that irrelevant tangent. Oh yeah, The Great Escape.
Biking was always a thrill. Zooming along the desolate highway that never really got going. Or zigzagging through the insane city traffic. Biking took my mind off everything else. I sing to myself as I ride. The playlist includes "Highway To Hell", "Anywhere I Roam", "Fuel"...
Now this Nirvana is becoming harder and harder attain. Thanks to the Government of India's decision to hike petrol prices by 5 bucks. I mean 55 to the L ?? Riding now is the age-old inner struggle of Speed against Economy. I find Economy winning most of the time. Leaving me trundling along at 55, 60 at the max...sigh...gone are the days of 80 plus and swerving and skids and accidents...I think my bike's pretty happy bout that part of it...Except on salary day...When you feel like nothing can stop you...Not even at 55 to the Liter...22 days to go...

No comments: