Jun 6, 2008

Nameless. Faceless.

I’m not anyone you would notice

As I stand over you all

Not anybody’s friend

But I still catch ‘em when they fall

Didn’t know why I did

But I kept saving the world

I’m your nameless superhero

Of whom you’ve never heard

Many many years ago

Still remember the day

I took a bullet for you

And I stood up in harm’s way

Now I’ve lost count of

The places where I bleed

And you will say so proudly

The world no longer needs

A superhero saving it

Every single damn time

But I always thought different

‘Cos I hear all of them cryin’

For a savior, for a miracle

Another helping hand

The world is on my shoulders

Even though I can’t stand

Then you turn around

And brand me a failure

An “also-ran”, a “has-been”

An unreliable traitor

You fling your knives at me

When I turn my back on you

Damn you, can’t you see

I’m saving you from bullets too?

This is what you don’t know

Of my life every day

All that comes out is that somehow

A faceless hero saved the day

3 comments:

thommy.. said...

nice.

jiYa said...

I wonder who the superhero is! :)
Great....

Jaggu said...

@buddy: Yeah...I wonder too...! :)