Jun 30, 2008

Conclusions, Confusions n' Contemplations...

I have come to a few conclusions.

First, 90% of India's beautiful girls live in Bangalore. Specifically, Koramangala. 7th Block.

Second, all of these girls have boyfriends.

Third, The Forum is just built to emphasise to all the sad, lonely guys, just exactly how sad and lonely we are.

Fourth, who cares. Being single rocks! (Who am I kidding, but what the hell, I'm on a roll here...!) :D

* * *

The Visweswariah Industrial and Technical Museum is not exactly Purple Haze, but if you want to see a kid's wondering gaze, this is where you go.

The kid I took along was a 5yr old in the guise of a 22yr old.

Thankfully, I had another level headed friend for providing dynamic support.

At first there was thrill and wonder.

"Wow, spark plugs!"

"How pulleys work!"

"Wow! Look at that!"

"Wow! See? See?"

And then there was curiosity.

"Look at that, I wonder how that's done ?"

"Lissajous patterns?"

"It's a mirror, right?"

And finally, there was pure mischievousness.

"I wonder what would happen if I pushed that button?"

"I want to push that button."

"I want to pose with the spaceman. And the dinosaur. And the rocket. And another rocket."

* * *

Inside The Forum, Landmark's my favourite destination.

They just let you sit around, provided seats are free, and read for any length of time.

Which is not the case about a hoity-toity Chinese restaurant with a nasal sounding name.

I was first to the place so I sat at a table and waited till my friends could arrive.

In those five minutes, I was asked for my order three times, and how much longer I needed.

The place was half empty, it was not like people were falling over themselves outside, waiting for a table.

Courtesy, whither thou?

* * *

Time keeps moving. Without a care in the world.

It doesn't care whether you keep up or not.

Eventually, you'll get dragged along anyway.

There are only a few things worse than waiting outside Forum, alone, on a cold Sunday evening.

And one of them is contemplating what could be and what could've been.

6 comments:

jiYa said...

Gud one! :D
But one point to be noted... "Kids are angels in disguise...!"
Also applicable to 'kids in disguise' :D
Cheerio!

Jaggu said...

@ Buddy: Ahem...I think I'll let that pass... ;)

Unknown said...

He he ..thats a cute one!

And I think I know the 5 year old…she’s been eating our heads from the time we met…!

And how did you come to this conclusion that 90% of India’s beautiful girls live in Koramangala…seems like you spend a lot of time roaming around this place! :D

And did you notice that the Bosch building opposite forum has its arms outstretched, welcoming forum…can’t blame us for spending more time there than inside office... :)

Jaggu said...

@ Anu chechi: I saw more beautiful people in 5 mins there than I have in 5 months here...So I think that's a reasonable assumption...Unless I kept seeing the same people again n again... :)


Hmmm...When I came to Bangalore, people asked me "How's life...?"

And I said, "What's that...?"


He he, the 5yr old comes out only on special occasions...It's not her fault that she considers every day special is it...? :D

Renu Rebeca Varghese said...

:D
That was truly cute! Totally dedicated to the 'kiddo'! :)

I liked your style - taut and terse. Not just this one; all of them actually. You leave it for the reader to imagine and guess. Quite impressive!

So, in short, you had a gr8 time @ Purple Haze..oopps sorry...Koramangala!! :P

Jaggu said...

@ renu chechi : Let's generalize it n say I had a great time at bangalore...sigh...feelin' nostalgic already... :(